About this role $200k – $250k
The Tech Lead role will be a central figure in the development of our MRV technology platform. You will own the technology stack and have the opportunity to directly scale as well as grow and shape our engineering team as you see best fit. The successful candidate will be a proactive problem solver, experienced software generalist, and a versatile leader capable of handling a diverse range of technical tasks and projects. This role is ideal for a self-starter, problem-solver who enjoys both directly building in a hands-on-role and shaping future technical vision.
• You will lead the development of our Core Product: a soil carbon measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS platform and the development of infrastructure and data pipelines to support the ability to run machine learning models, crop models, and remote sensing pipelines at scale in the cloud.
• As the tech lead, you will work directly with the founders and own the entire technology stack, including making product decisions
• You will shape the technical roadmap and have the opportunity to build out a world-class technical team and culture as you see best
Ideal candidate traits
• 5+ years of experience building and owning a complete end-to-end technology stack (Frontend + Backend + Cloud + CI/CD): you have owned architectural decisions for a product, led a team, and enjoy being full hands-on
• A track record of shipping and going through full product development cycle right from writing the first line of code to product in the hands of users and iterating quickly on feedback
• Experience with setting up the technology stack and development infrastructure from Day 1 and scaling it with growth in a startup environment
• Ability to develop infrastructure/pipelines to support Machine Learning / Remote Sensing / Crop Modelling Simulation workflows (e.g. setting up data pipelines, setting up infrastructure to parallelize model runs in cloud, automating deployment of models to integrate with the core MRV SaaS platform)
• Proactive and collaborative self-starter with a strong ability to attract other top technical talent and lead them effectively
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Past experience working in climate/agriculture is not a requirement, but a passion for climate is a plus!
• Past multidisciplinary teamwork (i.e. e.g. working on software in healthcare) is a huge plus, as you will be working with an interdisciplinary team with expertise in AI, Remote Sensing, Carbon Markets, Soil Carbon Modeling, Sustainable Finance
• You care deeply about climate change and feel a strong moral responsibility to act now. This extends into all facets of your life: both personal and professional. No action is too small and no goal too big. Whether you have turned vegan or swear by public transport, we are big believers in emrbacing sustainability as a mindset and would love to learn what this means for you!